"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience." Gordon B. Hinckley, 2006

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Why I blog

I have these posted over on my sidebar, but I'm sure they won't be there forever, so I wanted to publish them as a post, so they'll be recorded on my blog forever. "To you women of today, who are old or young, may I suggest to you that you write, that you keep journals, that you express your thoughts on paper. Writing is a great discipline. It is a tremendous education effort. It will assist you in various ways, and you will bless the lives of many--now and in the years to come, as you put on paper some of your experiences and some of your musings." --President Gordon B. Hinckley
"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh you memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience. Gordon B. Hinckley, 2006

"When our children were very small, I started to write down a few things about what happened every day..." The prompting came to me, "I'm not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down." "I recorded those things so that my children could have the memory someday when they would need it." "Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to touch us or our children or our family today?" "I urge you to find ways to recognize God's kindness."

Elder Eyring (Oct. 7, 2007, newly called as 2nd counselor to Pres. Hinckley) What a kind man!

4 comments:

donna said...

That is why i blog too :)

Rochelleht said...

Oh, I just loved conference, too. What an uplifting weekend and I LOVED what Pres. Eyring said about writing things down. I did think about my blog, too.

Marcie said...

You know every blogger our there felt a little validation during Elder Eyrings talk. It has prompted me to add a "Today I am grateful for......" line at the end of each blog entry from now on.

Shawni said...

I totally love these quotes...that's why I blog too. And a couple of those talks made me so glad I do. I have the worst memory and I'd forget everything if I didn't write it down.