"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience." Gordon B. Hinckley, 2006

Monday, November 12, 2007

Our cute prophet

I needed to post something today, so I didn't have to look at my whiner post any more, so I thought I'd post these pictures that have been circulating around by email. I wanted to post them in a place where I could remember and find them later if I ever wanted to.

I was reading my October Ensign today, and it has a tribute to President James E. Faust (who passed away Aug. 10, 2007). What a great man, and truly a "moral compass." He is dearly missed, but his place was filled by such a great man, Elder Henry B. Eyring.

The first picture shows the first presidency with a seat left empty after Pres. Faust's passing. Picture two captured a brief moment of love and support from fellow apostles of the Lord. There is a love that exists between the leaders of the church that is rarely found in any other organization or group in the world. Elder Jeffrey R. Holland immediately put his hand on Pres. Eyring's arm to comfort and steady him. They had been seat mates for 12 1/2 years. Then Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf put his hand on President Eyring's other arm.












Then Elder Uchtdorf moved over one chair and Elder Bednar moved over one chair. This moving to a different chair in this quorum is a rare event. Elder Cook was greeted and hands were extended from every side as he made his way to the now empty chair for the junior member of the Twelve.
On his way back, President Hinckley stopped briefly, waved his cane above Pres. Eyring's head, as one would picture being knighted by the sword of the king, and gently tapped him on the head. What an adorable prophet we have, with such a cute sense of humor. 97 years old and he is sharp as a tack! (Photos by Scot Facer Proctor, publisher of Meridian Magazine)

7 comments:

Matchbox Mom said...

I love Pres. Hinckley! He's just plain adoreable. I just want so squeeze him to pieces, but that would be bad.
I loved when he 'knighted' President Eyring...so cute!
I hope you're feeling better...i'm definately not yet. Oh well...
sure love ya.

Tami

michelle said...

I love these pictures! Our prophet is the cutest! I hope you get to feeling better! It sure isn't fun when the mama's sick! :)

Cecily R said...

It's going to be a bad, bad day for me when his time on earth is done. I feel like my testimony actually came to be largely because of President Hinkley, so even though he has no idea who I am, I feel bonded to him. A lot of that is because he has a sense of humor and I feel like I can relate to someone when they laugh. I could go on and on.

I love these pictures. They just make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I so hope you are feeling better!

smithfam said...

I love him also. He reminds me of my all time favorite prophet Pres. Kimball. I think they both have such a sweet spirit.

Once again I love your post. They always perk me up. (kids home all home today, I needed it) LOL

donna said...

Thanks for sharing those wonderful pictures :)

KATE said...

I feel totally "bonded" to him also. He is such a sweetheart (& he completely reminds me of my sweet Grampa)I just love President Hinckley! He's fabulous

I hope you're feeling better!!
Take Care!! - Kate

crystal said...

Cecily! I feel exactly the same way about Pres. Hinckley's sense of humor! I've thought for a long time: "His humor proves there is laughter in the Celestial Kingdom!" Phew! We can be funny in heaven. :)

Thanks Wendi, for SUCH a great post! I think I may copy these photos to my blog, if that's ok--so I have a place to find them later. I'll hide them away in my blog so I don't copy you.

Hope tomorrow is better, cute friend.