"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience." Gordon B. Hinckley, 2006

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Over the river and through the woods, to California we go!!!

Dec. 1, after planning and waiting for what seemed like forever, we packed up our car and headed out of town on a much anticipated family vacation! We woke up the morning we left to find THIS!All the more reason to be joyful about heading for clearer skies! We had planned to just drive straight through, but the roads continued to get worse as the day progressed, and it slowed our progress way down. At one point during our drive, Joey asked us if we were in the North Pole! He was dead serious.
This is a picture in American Fork, early in the day. We thought this was bad, but we had no idea what was on the road ahead for us!
Here's a picture of the view from our timeshare condo that we stayed in. It was right next to the beach! I'm so jealous of people who actually live here! No fair!
Well our week was awesome, we had such a great time, and came home to this:
Oh Cali.....I miss you already!

I'm still on a total vacation high. I had such a great time with my family. We took Brian's laptop with us, but never even turned it on once, so please forgive me as I'm way behind on blogging, and my first priority will be to record our trip before I'm able to get around to reading everyone's posts. Don't give up on me though! I'll be back after all of the suitcases are unpacked, and the laundry is done---ha! Yeah right! Like laundry is ever done.

6 comments:

Heather S. said...

Home just in time for the holiday craziness! We missed you at the family party. I'll hopefully post about it sometime. I'm so behind on blogging. Too much going on in life.

RoRo2 said...

So glad you are home! I have been checking your blog everyday waiting for you to return! Can't wait to read the many posts about it.

Laura said...

I hear you on the laundry! I can't seem to get on top of it this month! There are too many other things I want to be doing!

crystal said...

You totally SHOULD just blog your own fun vacation before checking up on all of us! I love it that Joey asked if you were heading to the North Pole! He is so hilarious.

Welcome Back!!!!!! Let's go to chili's after FHE tonight!!!!!

Amz said...

Welcome home...glad you had a fun trip!

Shelby said...

How fun! I'm glad you got to get away with the family for some fun and R&R! We've been thinking of doing the Disneyland trip here soon, too. Jeff's never been! And we even lived their for a year (I was pregnant, though). Hope you are now able to enjoy the holidays at home!