"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience." Gordon B. Hinckley, 2006

Saturday, June 30, 2007

The other member of our family




When Isabel turned 7 we let her get a cat for her birthday. She picked this cat out from a huge litter. Amazingly enough, this cat looked much like the cat that I got when I was her same age. As we were driving home, we asked her what she was going to name the cat. She said Katie, and then proceeded to tell me how it was a great name for a cat because it sounded like "kitty" and she could call her "Katie Kitty." I started crying and got all nostalgic because when I was a little girl I named my cat the same thing, for the same reason. I still remember reasoning in my mind how it was the perfect name for a kitty. She's a little "mini-me!" I love it!
For her birthday party she wanted to have a cat party. We painted kitty faces on everyone, and played kitty games like "Poor poor kitty" and "Pin the nose on the kitty". Isabel wanted to have everyone bring their cats to the party, but we did have to draw the line there. Sorry Sis!

No comments: